Monday, July 28, 2008

Monet and thin crust pizza!

I just heard about the Monet to Picasso exhibit over at the UMFA and am absolutely stoked! If all goes as planned, Javier and I will be taking a stroll around the museum on Saturday. Monet happens to be a personal favorite of mine, I can't believe I will actually have the chance to view some of his original work! If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited. This last Saturday was David's 65th birthday so we took him up to SLC and spent the day their bumming around book stores and eating good food. My favorite book store by far, was the King's English. It had a great selection of books and I like that they support local businesses and authors. The fact that it is also very cozy and inviting and that the employees are very friendly is simply icing on the cake. I'll definitely be stopping by there again soon! For dinner we took David to my favorite pizza place in Utah, The Rusted Sun. Also a charming place with fantastic service, The Rusted Sun offers a huge variety of delicious toppings and the best thin crust in the valley hands down! We ordered up a kalamata olive, artichoke heart and portabello mushroom pizza with a pitcher of root beer. David loved it! It was a great way to spend a Saturday. Too bad I had to work that night so I had to end the fun a bit early. I am proud to say however that I did make some major headway on my scarf at work that night! I'm almost half way finished. Yeah! Just in time for the hottest month of the year! Oh well, you have to start somewhere I guess. Scarfs for all this Christmas! Woo hoo! =)

1 comment:

JJ said...

Hm...I may have to have lunch at the Rusted Sun this Saturday. It's been too long.