Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I only travel in a muumuu

So, I'm working a graveyard shift tonight from 9PM - 7AM, right, so I'm tired. Really tired. The unfortunate thing is that I know that sleep will not be coming anytime soon. Tahoe is like 11 hours away and the odds of me sleeping in the car on the way there are pretty slim. Especialy since we are traveling with E. He's 18 mo old and is never quiet, unless of course he is sleeping. Oh well, I'm willing to be a little sleep deprived for some sun and relaxation. I feel it's a pretty fair trade off. I mean seriously, I am definitely in need of some R&R. And of course my pasty white Utah legs could use some sun! I hope E has fun this time. Last year he was only like 6 mo old and the icy cold Tahoe water did nothing for him. He, of course, preffered to hang out on the beach and eat sand. He loved it. We buried him up to his neck in it and he absolutely squilled with glee. He batted his little chubby hands around in it and giggled. Hell, he was in sand heaven until Javier and I decided he had consumed enough for one day and put him on the blanket. Javier's aunt took some pictures of him on the beach in his little hat and jumper. He looks so happy and chubby. Anyway, We're thinking he'll have a lot more fun this time around now that he's had a little more exposure to the water. We've taken him to the local childrens pool and although he was a little timid, he still seemed to have fun. Esteban is every thing a parent could ever want in a toddler. He is mild mannered, happy and very social. He is also very cute! He gets that from his dad what with his tan complexion, dark hair and beautiful green eyes he looks nothing like me really. Hopefuly this trip is everything that I'm hoping it will be. I don't want to argue with Javier the whole way which is my main concern. I mean, there is a reason we divorced in the first place. Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefuly I'll be able to catch some sleep on the way up. I'm wearing a Billabong dress that is absolutely shapeless and loose, more of a muumuu really, but it's comfortable. And when you're traveling in a car for 11 hours on 0 hrs of sleep through Nevada comfort is all that really matters right?

No comments: